- About You
- About Us
- Trade Marks
- Domain Names
- IP Law
- IP Disputes
The Markwell Blog
Deadline extended for comment on the auDRP review
In November 2012, auDA, the .au domain name regulator, announced a 10 year review of the auDRP – the .au Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy – and invited submissions.
The closing date for submissions has now been extended to 28 February 2013.
Some of the issues auDA is seeking feedback on:
- Whether there are aspects of the auDRP Policy or Rules which require clarification or modification
- Whether issues such as an appeals process and costs awards against unsuccessful parties should be considered
- If fixed arbitration fees ($2,000 for a single Panellist and $4,500 for a three-member Panel) are appropriate
- Whether arbitration providers should be able set their own fees (as they can for UDRP disputes)
- Potential improvements to the auDRP search database
The auDA Issues Paper for the review, along with public submissions already received, can be accessed here.
- Without Oyster Bay, it’s just a bottle
- Omega fails reputation test in trade mark dispute
- Trade marking colours – lessons for brand owners
- New law to protect major event sponsors
- Additional damages adds up to a lot of kebab
- Descriptive trade marks and Google Adwords
- Changes to trademark oppositions in China
- Important changes to Chinese trade mark laws
- A mite too late: Dick Smith loses OzEmite
- Trade Marks Office decision too bad for IBAD
Get in touch
Intl: +61 3 9909 7693
Melbourne VIC 3000 AUSTRALIA
We eat trade marks for breakfast
Markwell is a boutique intellectual property firm that provides no-nonsense, business-relevant, expert advice in trade marks, domain names and intellectual property law. Representing brand owners in Australia, Asia and Worldwide.
Our attorneys have been featured in: